December 22, 2008

Happy little snow people...



When I saw the November/December cover of Cloth*Paper*Scissors, I was so excited to make snowmen on glass. The originals by Sue Pelletier, were designed using vintage bottles. I immediately saw glass ball ornaments! I really enjoyed tinkering with my happy little snow people. I gifted the rest of my crew, the St. Louis Six with these. They seemed pleased. You still have time to play. They are not hard, unless you count NOT knowing when to say when! I began by filling the ornaments with pearls and glittery goodies. I glittered a styrofoam ball. You can use brads for the eyes and mouth made of coal...square brads are cute too! Remember to blush his cheeks with chalk. Glue the head to the ornament and play! Dress him up for a wintery Holiday Season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love my little snow person. Thanks so much Missy. These are adorable. Already hanging on my tree. Close-up photo here: http://art-from-the-heart.typepad.com