September 15, 2008

Birthday Weekend...

Friday night the celebration began....and it's STILL going! Birthdays around here seem to hang around a while.









Friday night the Grandma's came over for a wonderful lasagna dinner, Ty's favorite. I am still patting myself on the back for this one. Yum! The grandmas are VERY camera shy, so I have no proof! Saturday afternoon we enjoyed lunch at Pujols 5. Perfect for Ty, as he is a baseball, AND Cardinal, AND Pujols fan. His buddy joined us. Sunday afternoon, Ty's other grandparents wanted to bring over some lunch to celebrate. What could Grandpa and Donna be up to? I have to go back about a year to start this story. It all began when Tyler wanted a Hooter's t-shirt. Donna made sure he had one...signed by a gaggle of Hooter's girls! She always goes that extra step. Since then, they have made it a point to pick up a Hooter's tee whenever they travel. Tyler has quite a collection, several are autographed. Now he has a new one...DELIVERED with wings by, you guessed it...the HOOTER'S girls! Tyler turned several shades of red. After a few pics with Ty, the girls asked if anyone else would like a photo. Spencer, Kirsten's love, was quick to volunteer! Grandpa stepped up too. Of course, I had to FORCE Jimmy to stand by the girls...NOT! It was a memorable afternoon...weekend...birthday!

P.S. Just an additional note, we ordered Tyler's gift and it was in CHINA on his birthday! We are still waiting it's arrival.

No comments: