April 28, 2008

Field Trip!




Our love of Mark Twain began a few years back, when Tyler had to do a report along with presentation, of someone in history. He began reading some great books by Mark Twain, and once the presentation part of his project rolled around, the whole family got involved. We scoured the thrift stores for a costume. White ladies carpis pants and an old white linen jacket right out of the 80's, complete with shoulder pads, worked perfectly. Now, for a wig. Batting would work, and cotton balls for a mustache! We topped off the costume with a brown paper rolled stogie. Very cute. We have been anxious about the Hannibal field trip all year, and last week, the day finally arrived. We had a wonderful time. We went with the class and wandered the streets of Hannibal before enjoying a picnic lunch in the park. We finished the afternoon with the Mark Twain cave exploration. Tyler and I are already planning another day trip this summer!

1 comment:

JUST ME said...

Missy,

I was looking at this post yesterday, but I forgot to post or I tried and I couldn't. I have never visited Haniballllllll...do I need to try and go before I leave? If your son liked it so would my two boys. I might have to consider it.

P.S. I am digging your altered book.

See ya Sunday.

Angelica