I know, everyone thinks it's a party over here ALL the time. Truth of the matter is New Year's Eve is usually very quiet. I had to go all the way back to 2000 to find a party pic! You know...Party like it's 1999...yeah we did! Our guests were surprised to arrive to a craft table???? They were assigned the duty of creating a party hat! Well, after the funny looks I received, they went on to have the BEST time! The guys got into it even more than the kids did. I have heard there are still some hats around. I only have the Jack Balls (Jack in the Box, 2000 antenna balls which adorned the hats!) which now are on the Christmas tree as ornaments. Most years we fall asleep before midnight. Other years, we bang some pots and pans with the kids. Tonight it looks like a nice meal, maybe some games with the kids and preparing our black eyed peas for New Year's Day. Good luck you know...
I am working on a theme word for the New Year, like Ali talks about. Doing some reflecting and thinking of a direction I would like the next year to go. I tend to get a little distracted, most of the time, and my mind definitely goes in a lot of different directions at once. Do I want to try to focus? Not sure...What to focus on? Is "focus" a good word and theme? More reflection needed! Should have started sooner....see what I mean?
Something I am sure of... I wish you all a Wonderful New Year and I hope we all enjoy all that life has to offer in 2008!
3 comments:
Happy New Year Missy and Family!!
Hope the new year finds you and yours abundantly blessed, Missy!
I've been trying to come up with a word, too, Missy!
My baby sleep deprived brain is having trouble though :0p
I think focus is definitely a good word. I could use more focus, but I think I want something along the lines of health and eating right.
Need to think on it more!
Post a Comment