June 1, 2007

Great Memorial Day weekend...

We had a fun filled Memorial Day weekend. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked but the memories will last a lifetime. It all started with the school picnic. Always fun. Visited with family and friends old as well as new. It's always interesting going to the picnic because it is where we grew up. The same people some how make it back to the Beer Garden year after year. A little older, some of us a little bigger but the same big smiles and warm feelings. The kids ran and played and laughed all day. Ty says the parade was his favorite part of the day.






























The Gypsy Caravan in Downtown St. Louis was pretty cool. I try to go every year but usually forget about it or just pass. This year Jimmy woke me up and said I should head down there. He knows it has been a life long dream of mine to hang with the gypsies! We parked at Union Station so we were able wonder around the old train station a bit. This is Ty at the "whisper" arch. It's a dome that goes up the wall, across the ceiling and down the other side of the room! If one person talks into the wall on one side, you can hear in the cubby on the other side of the room.


Here's Jen with her red basket and metal flower hanger for her shed. Waay cute!

Daddy gets a new toy!













A new smoker...Dad was a smokin' fool on Monday. He smoked enough meat to eat all week! I wasn't going to sit back without a challenge. I whipped up some fresh homemade peach cobbler just like Great Grandma used to make. Such a tasty treat deserved a topping of homemade vanilla ice cream! What a great way to end a wonderful weekend.
Glad to have another weekend starting today! I think I'll make some more ice cream. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sure is a good lookin husband. that meat looks fabulous, i bet he is an awesome cook. your're so lucky.