April 29, 2012

Fast & the Furriest

Here it is. My first 5K run! I decided in March I was going to start running?? I know, crazy right? It was time to get this old body in shape, mentally and physically! So many people enjoy running and runners are always so fit and in shape.  I have NEVER run. I started slow and steady and I am addicted! I look forward to my runs, it is a treat! I KNOW, CRAZY! I read in the beginning that a 5K race is a great goal and that a finish line is a great motivator to continue. I found one that raised money for animals because that's kinda my thing. Now the goal is to keep going!
Start. Yikes!
Finish line!
  I finished in 40 minutes and came in 181st place! 
Something like 43rd out of 48 in my group! Ha ha! 

No comments: