April 20, 2011

Lasagna garden???

The things I come across on the internet... So, I have looked at my less than nice view from my backyard since the forest was plowed over. Pretty shitty. Literally!
Anyway, I don't go a week without talking about planting trees, flowers, bushes, ANYTHING! Jimmy has dug something like 45 holes in our yard and is horrified each time I talk about MORE! I am not a "I need MORE" type girl, but when it comes to planting...I NEED MORE! The sooner we get it growing, the sooner we can enjoy the view WE want! So, I have worn him down, and I have been given the go ahead! Woohoo! Now the next road block. I am a little fearful of gardening. I don't know anything about plants or landscape design. (any advice welcome!) I figure, just plant it. Nature will take care of the rest! So, to the internet I go. I came across Lasagna Gardening. Not growing basil and tomatoes and Lasagna ingredients, but LAYERS! You know I LOVE layers so this is right up my alley! Kinda like a compost pile. Less digging, less weeds, good dirt. hmmmm. Let's give it a try. So, here is my first little garden. Gotta run, I'm off to the nursery!
I am giving the soil a week to settle and I will be dropping these beauties into the earth. Maybe on Friday, I think that is Earth Day! What a way to CELEBRATE!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Are those Knock Out Roses? We just bought some of those!