January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hope the New Year finds you happy and healthy and ready for a fresh start! I thought I would start the New Year with a great way to spend your New Year's Day...10 years ago we made a Time Capsule.
We were supposed to open it on New Year's Eve 5 years later, but as you can see, we waited 10! We packed it up all those years ago and put it on a closet shelf. I would see it sitting there from time to time and just let it be. So last night, I thought, 10 years...perfect night to open it. Pretty cool. We plan to add to it this year and put it away for another 5. There were receipts, like a McDonald Happy Meal, $1.25. (about $3.. now.) A coin with the year on it. Kurt Warner and the Rams on the cover of T.V. Guide. What's a T.V. Guide? Pokemon cards, Beanie Babies, Woody, a Furbie???? The kids had their favorites listed, I wrote Tyler's because he couldn't write. Kirsten's favorite thing to do was look in the mirror! HA! Things haven't changed much there! I can't tell you how neat this was to see. So, we look forward to packing it back up in the next day or two and tucking it back in the closet. So, maybe you will all join me.

Any ideas of what to include?

Here's to remembering the past and looking forward to a bright future!
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Kim Battig said...

How fun! Happy New Year Missy!

Karen said...

How about you put your pool balls....I mean Mardi Gras beads....in there from New Orleans!

Karen said...

By the way...Juror didn't leave that second comment...Karen did. I forgot to "choose my identity" when I set up the account.