December 4, 2009

I made some stuff this week!!!!

I have wanted to give one of these sweater stockings try, so when I woke up Monday morning and no longer liked the way my sweater fit, ahem...no NOT too big...I threw it in the wash and cut it up! This was pretty cute. Very little sewing, as I used the waistband as the finished top edge. The felted flower pin is from an old art friend, Heidi. Just pinned it on, a little bling initial, and voila!
The second Christmas craft was an ornament. This Santa Coke can has been speaking to me. It was just too cute to throw away...so I cut it up! LOVE it. Fun and easy. I used tin snips and cut through the hole you drink from, (make sense?) and from there, Tim's scissors worked on the rest of the can. Cut like butter. {Which by the way, Tim's 12 Days of Christmas Tags, the 2009 edition, are ROCKIN'! Check it out.} Wrapped the can around chipboard, covered to finish the back all pretty. Cut up a second Santa and popped him up with more chipboard, there was even a date on the can which I always love on my ornaments. Perfect ornament for my college girl who is a Coke drinkin' fool.

Gotta LOVE Christmas crafts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the Santa ornament you crafty girl!