
...right here. Jen turned us on to Crawfish Etouffee. Here we are in New Orleans the evening before our cruise ship headed out. For my birthday that year, my wonderful husband surprised me with a getaway cruise with our bestest friends. Anyway, we had dinner in the French Quarter at Deanie's Seafood
The night in New Orleans was like a vacation in itself before we ever boarded the ship!Shortly after our return home, Karen found this recipe in the newspaper. (substitute crawfish for shrimp. I usually use a mix of shrimp and crawfish) It was given to Jenny. Somehow, she became the official etouffee cook. I have given it a try a few times, not even coming close to Jen's etouffee perfection. Someday...anyway, here is the recipe and some pictures of the process. Since Jen started making the supreme pot of goodness, it has become impossible to find fish bouillon. Wha whaaat? Being the perfectionist that she is, she hunted down the bouillon, in California at some specialty grocer! She gifted me with a box. I still think she has some secret additions to her recipe because I just CAN'T get it!

P.S. Her Apple Pie ROCKS too!
1 comment:
We had the same experience in NO before our cruise - LOVE it!!
Post a Comment