February 12, 2009

A loooong week...


or has it been two weeks? It all started a couple of weeks ago when my mom went into the hospital for back surgery. Recovery has been tough, but she's on the mend now. The whole family has been sick...almost over that. Had a scare at class last week with my friend Bonnie... no more scares Bonnie! I can't have paramedics busting into class like that! ;)
Going way back, I thought I would share what I did with the time spent in the waiting room at the hospital. There is nothing worse than a hospital waiting room! Do their t.v.'s ONLY play Judge shows??? SOL! (screaming out loud!) YUCK! The time gave me a chance to play with a little stitching. I think embroidery was my first attempt at crafting as a kid, right after Play-Doh. I have admired some of the projects that I have seen around Blogland lately, mostly the samplers or collage like pieces. Here are a couple of awesome samples that inspired me from Pam Garrison and Rebecca Sower.

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I'm so sorry your mom had a tough recovery. Glad to hear she is doing better! Sounds like a crazy week for you, Missy.
But your embroidery work is beautiful!

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Glad your Mom is recovering now. The stitchery is beautiful!! It's how I got started into crafting as well!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Once a stitcher, always a stitcher! I've been checking on those blogs, too, and your project is far better than either one of them! You know that I do not lie about this stuff!