October 21, 2008

I am CRUSHED!


Here is my guilty pleasure. In fact, this was my Mother's Day gift! I have been stalking my local grocer for these babies. For over a week now, the spot has been bare. FINALLY, today, I had to call the manager to the cookie aisle. Where are MY Jelly Toppers???? I did NOT like the answer. I am SOOOO sad to say that Mrs. Allison's has gone out of business. I grew up with these cookies. I know mom was a fan of the Iced Oatmeals, and you could always get a windmill cookie at Grandma's. What will I do without my special treat? I am ready to buy the recipes and start up production! But, in the meantime...if you find any of these cookies at your local store, PLEASE, buy them ALL! I will gladly pay dearly! Remember Elaine and the Sponge? I know how she felt. I'm off to hunt down some cookies!

2 comments:

Kara Ward said...

I will keep my eyes out...I hate it when my favorite product is gone from my store. I keep trying to buy darn hair spray at Wal-Mart. The shelf is empty. The other day, I saw someone else looking for the hair spray too. It made me feel better...I wasn't the only one missing it. Kara

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Missy. That is exactly how I felt when Hydrox cookies went out.....much better tasting than Oreos!! You are going to have to do something creative with this loss!!! Cindy Van Sluys