Labor Day weekend was just that for MY boys! Labor is the key word here. Ty had been searching for a desk for his room. This family has a problem sometimes finding just the perfect item. We don't always know what we want, but we definitely know what we DON'T want! For Ty, it was a laminated computer desk. After searching high and low, the boys had an idea! They kicked around the basement looking though their lumber, insert Tim Taylor grunt here, when they came upon our old kitchen table, and the second bed to Ty's bunk bed set. The wood color matched his room, perfect. There were enough pieces to "re-assemble", perfect. This problem was solved! The boys headed to the garage and began to build...uh, rebuild. Ty had a vision. Shelves, drawer... yes, they even made a drawer! I think they bought one piece of wood and a drawer handle. That's it! Did I mention my dear hubby can do ANYTHING? I know, corny but true. Here are the before and after shots. The before shot is a Festivus celebration form a while back. The after shot is Ty enjoying his desk. They even signed the desk. I love the transformation, and the memories the guys created building something together are absolutely priceless.



No comments:
Post a Comment