What a crazy weekend! Along with the wonderful classes at FKS, and South County basketball championship game, we managed to squeeze in a birthday dinner for mom. Have you guys ever had this old fashion refrigerator cake? It is the best! Each year, it is mom's special birthday treat. She remembers her mother making it when she was a child, and I remember the same treat. It is VERY special in our family. The recipe is on the box of the Nabisco cookies in the photo. Very simple...Fresh whipping cream with a little vanilla, whipped and then just stack the cookies forming cookie logs. Frost with whip cream. Add pecans and chill for the day. YUMMY!



I wanted to add that my mom is doing great. A lot of you know that last year on her birthday, she got new boobs. Not by choice, but for reconstructive purposes after her mastectomy. Everything is wonderful and she is enjoying the "girls." She thinks she is so cool to have the breasts of an 18 year old! And, of course, I am happy she is cancer free. I am trying to get our Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure team registered. Having trouble. I'll pass on the info when I figure it out. The Race is on June 21. That much I know, so save the date!
No comments:
Post a Comment