February 22, 2008

Perfect for a snowy winter day...

I always feel so domestic when I bake this bread! You too, can look like June Clever, with no trouble at all... Impress your loved ones this weekend with this yummy treat. Don't forget to pat some flour on your cheeks before presenting your cozy comfort food!













Ann's No-Knead Bread

Combine and set aside:
2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 T. salt
2 pkgs. dry yeast (1/4 oz. each)

Heat until warm:
1 c. water
1 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil

Have on hand:
1 egg
2 to 2 1/2 c. flour
butter

Mix egg with liquids, then stir all into flour mixture. Blend at lowest speed on mixer, then blend on medium for 3 minutes. By hand stir in another 2 to 2 1/2 c. flour. Cover, let rise 50 minutes until light and doubled in size. Stir down. Spoon into greased 6" x 9" loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Brush top with butter.

Note* I used TWO loaf pans with this recipe. I found my bread didn't cook all the way through in a 6X9 pan. (TOO much dough.) There is plenty of dough for two.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Barb said...

How come no samples at the shop tonight????? Since I am yeast challenged, I might be able to do this one.