November 20, 2007

Where are your red ribbon markers?

The Joy of Cooking is a favorite of mine. It was a Wedding Shower gift from Aunt Karen waaayyy back when. I turn to it often...you name it, it's in there! Full of wonderful recipes, tips and tricks, and of course, the red ribbon markers! I love that my Aunt Karen wrote the sweetest note inside the book. My ribbons mark the Pecan Puff Cookies and White Cream Sauce. The Pecan Puffs, or Pecan Balls, are a favorite Christmas Cookie around here. I don't need the Cream Sauce recipe marked anymore, it just reminds me of learning to cook and a lot of the comfort foods I grew up with. (Like S.O.S. Anyone else eat this growing up? )







































Have a "JOY"ful Day!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Amish corn is my red ribbon marker recipe, though I don't have the Joy book--may have to look it up.
Happy Thanksgiving & shopping Friday!

Anonymous said...

S.O.S....wasn't sure anyone else called it that..lol My father use to make it all the time. He said that is what they called it in the Army when he served in the Korean war. Either way though, I love it!