August 24, 2007

TrICk oR TrEAt!


My kids always look forward to the haunting season. Costumes are sometimes decided for the NEXT year before we are even finished trick or treatin'. Now that they are getting a little older, they don't do quite as much "begging" door to door. I made these paper mache baskets for them last year so they could get their candy fix. I also made a felt stuffed cat for Ty and a pumpkin head doll for Kirsten. The pumkin's body was made with left over Autumn fabric that I used to make Kirsten a Thanksgiving jumper when she was about 5. I was so excited when she recognized it. I found all kinds of silly goodies to stuff into the baskets, like a black cat toy that "dropped" jelly beans...

I have already started gathering goodies to fill the baskets again this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic. Went to a couple of stores today, most everything was for Halloween. Things were very different than they had been in the past few years.

I have a new Halloween hat that you must see.