One of my favorite things around is "white paper" meat from the butcher! I guess it reminds me of more simple times when you couldn't buy lawn chairs and bar-b-que pits at the grocery store. It is always a treat to go to the meat market or the bakery or the produce stand for fresh food. You can talk to the people that grew or prepared your food. The butcher is always friendly and full of advice on how to best prepare your meat. I love nothing more than to see a freezer full of white paper. Love the look of it sitting on the counter...love to unwrap and enjoy the texture and feel of this "special" wrap. It's like a present!

If I made a top 10 "favorites" list...white paper meat would be right at the top. What is something simple that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling? Something you enjoy... a simple pleasure. Post a comment sharing your simple pleasure and I will do a drawing for a goodie bag. I have wanted to do a blog giveaway for sometime, maybe this will make up for my "bad" blogging! Thanks for hanging in there. I promise some creative projects soon. Halloween and Christmas are taking over my craft room!
This wonderful white paper package was an arm roast that Jimmy smoked all day to make beef jerky...
7 comments:
Just curious which butcher you use, Missy!
I am tired of buying substandard meat at Schnucks :0p
oh my...the butcher paper reminds me of my grandpa. he had his own roll at home and re-wrapped the meat for extra freezer freshness...he also individually wrapped his hot dogs. nothing if not precise, he was.
my other fave memory is buying slices of braunschweiger from the corner store's butcher counter. now that stuff tastes like doo-doo to me, but back then spread on a saltine cracker with some hellman's...utterly delectable to my 8 year old self.
xxx,
heidi
Boy, there are a lot of simple pleasures. Some of my favorites:
First cup of coffee in the morning.
Climbing into my bed with crisp, freshly laundered sheets that smell faintly of bleach.
Watching football with my family on Sunday afternoons.
Reading a good book.
Having a good hair day.
The change of seasons (especially to fall!)
Learning something new.
A clear blue sky full of big puffy white clouds.
Really, I could go on & on but these are some really good ones.
this is a no-brainer....Diet Dr Pepper in a styrofoam cup! And if I'm taking it to a crop--all the better!
Finding money in the pocket of a pair of pants or a jacket you haven't worn in awhile.
a simplae pleasure.....
sleep!! and a clean room/house
My simple pleasure . . .
On Sunday morning, not getting up too early and the dog, the cat, hubby all in bed snuggling . . .
Post a Comment