May 8, 2007

Tuesday Tidbits...


On Saturday, National Scrapbook Day, I was able to squeeze in a little bit of scrapbooking. I worked on our March highlights page. Around here we LOVE March! It is the month where we celebrate one of our favorite holidays! We always look forward to the St. Pat's Day Parade. In St. Louis there is always a parade the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day downtown and a parade in Dogtown on March 17. We always attend the Dogtown parade. It is a BIG deal because the kids play hooky and we enjoy what is usually a beautiful spring day. This year St. Patrick's Day was on Saturday so there were two parades and no skip day! It was brisk but not freezing. The cold brought some of the most beautiful snow I've ever seen. HUGE snowflakes! Now, on with Tuesday tidbits...
I find it VERY hard to eliminate photos so I often run out of journaling space. It is very important to tell the story that goes with the photos so I will add journaling under the photos. I do this by creating a sort of flap or card. The photo is on the top flap then you lift the photo to reveal the journaling. How do you see this under the page protector? Well, slit the page protector and slip the top flap through. Now the photo is on top of your page so you can lift it. Kind of and interactive thing.

No comments: